Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Idle thoughts of an Idle fellow.


Kinch at rest - A Study from Life by Vernet
(private collection)

Mrs. Kinch continues poorly, though she soldiers on quite as implacably as usual. Her drama class did their show on Sunday and did her proud by all accounts - the house is awash with flowers. There was something of the Russian ballet instructor about her heading out on Sunday morning, those middle aged woman on crutches - their ankles and knees used up by a lifetime of twirls and jetee - who impart the fruits of years of bitterness and experience to callow youngsters between cigarettes.

I spent the day playing with a spot of paperwork, disinterestedly picking at a steak, taking a little whiskey for my health and sombrely decorating the cat, post whiskey, before I was packed off to bed.

I have however come up with a plan for my Indian project, which is to use Charles Grants "Insurgency" scenario from the Tabletop Teasers Book as a shopping list. The scenario is designed for a set called "Wellington in India", but should give me a good starting point.

I am at my most dangerous when armed with a plan.


5 comments:

  1. My continued good wishes for Mrs. Kinch's health. May it improve promptly and painlessly.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good plan and a wee dram of single malt is a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "picking at a steak"
    You must be unwell man!
    Tell Mrs Kinch to take it easy: I own that any short-term inconvenience is nothing compared with a lifetime a back trouble.

    Looking forward to seeing your Indian project take shape

    ReplyDelete
  4. "picking at a steak"
    You must be unwell man!
    As for Mrs Kinch, tell her to take it easy. I own that some short-term frustration is small beans compared with a lifetime of back trouble.

    Looking forward to seeing your Indian project take shape

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to Mrs. Kinch! I hope she feels better soon!

    Also looking forward to following your progress on your India project.

    ReplyDelete