Friday, May 25, 2012

New Page: British Peninsula Battles

  "Gentlemen, I think we can all agree it's gone a bit pear shaped."
The Battle of Albuera by Woolen 


Gentlemen, the more keen of eye and wet of nose amongst you have noticed the addition of a new page to the top of this blog.

Oh, you didn't? Well, I'm still working out how to make it bigger, but bear with me. It's the chap with Peninsula Battles (British) marked on it. I've consolidated all the battle reports that I've written to so far onto one page. It's part of my project to play all the scenarios in the Command & Colours basic set and write a battle report for each one.

Each battle is listed in chronological order, along with links to the battle report, the scenario as set out in the book and lastly any additional information I've come across while scavenging around the Internet, like interesting articles, photographs or poetry.

On mature reflection, the battles from the Hundred Days campaign probably justify their own page, but I'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Until then, enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi CK,

    That is a damn fine idea sir - and one that I may investigate for my own nefarious purposes!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can link to these two I suppose:
    http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/11/combat-at-aire.html

    http://donoghmccarthy.blogspot.com/2011/08/battle-of-redinha.html

    Cheers
    Donogh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have the info all together. Thanks for doing that. Linking the information links with the game links is excellent. I enjoy looking at the C&C battles and how they play out.

    Don

    ReplyDelete